I am gym shopping. Have I mentioned that? I tried one gym twice and liked it. The gym I am trying out now gave me a free trial pass that expires on the 18th. I can't decide between the two gyms. Each has it's own pros and cons. It's a big decision for both me and the kids. I need to take into consideration cost, class schedules, childcare, location, pool, etc. The one we are going to now includes the pool and so far it's been a big hit with the kids. If I don't sign up here Pete is going to wonder why we only went to the pool 2 weeks out of the whole summer!



Out to dinner for burgers after an evening at the pool. This is the life, at least for now while it is free. Pete has found Jamie's ticklish spots. He tickles and she laughs and laughs.

I have tried to work out at home and avoid paying a gym membership fee but it just doesn't work. Something always gets in the way. Something=the kids. Or eating, or computer, or t.v. It's been 5 years since I had a membership and I am ready to get back in shape. Plus it will give me the me time I need during the day. What helped me make this decision to gym shop? Weight gain. I tried to figure out lately why I am gaining weight and it all comes down to the fact that I eat way too much and I don't exercise. Hmmmm. Funny how that works. So, its time to get back in shape and I know working out will do the trick. Plus I like going to the gym. I always have. So far it's been hard to get to the gym. Almost as hard as working out at home. I have to fit it in between 3 naps during a 10 hour period. I have to get everyone fed, clothed and out the door in time to work out and get home in time to get the next kid down for their next nap. It's tough. And I have felt guilty. The kids don't want to go to childcare and don't like it and I feel bad when we drive into the parking lot and Pete starts crying. I am using Jamie's awake time to be by myself instead of with her. P. says not to worry. It's not like I am putting them in daycare for 8 hours a day. It's just an hour and a half. Mom guilt, it sucks.
So, I plan on getting in shape. And when I lose 10 pounds I will get a cute short haircut to show off my new looks.
Time for bed. The Lakers lost and I can go to bed now. Phew.
Oh and one more thing....one of my best friends in the whole world got engaged last night. I was in bed by the time she called but found out first thing this morning. I met Erin at the Navigators about 6 years ago. Wow, has it been that long??? We became immediate friends and have stayed close even though 5 years of our friendship I have been in MI. Erin is a joy and I am so thankful to have her as my friend. She deserves all the happiness in the world and with Jeremy I believe she will have it. She gives her whole heart to the Lord, to her friends and to her family. Erin is my always friend. We have so much fun together and spend a lot of time laughing so hard we are crying. We have taken some great trips together and have made some great memories over the years. Erin has a contagious laugh and smile and you can't help but be happy around her. She has asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding and I am so honored she has chosen me to be a part of this celebration. Erin, I love you and am so happy for you. Congratulations to you both!
The last time I saw Erin was March 2009. We took a trip to Florida together and had a blast. This is the longest we have gone without seeing each other and I can't wait to see her soon.

Our red toes in the soft FL sand.

Me and Erin in Florida when we get old. Erin is the one with the sunburn.
No comments:
Post a Comment