Friday, May 15, 2009

I Passed!

Don't ask me how but I passed my pregnancy glucose test today. I am still in shock. Relieved, thankful, but shocked! I didn't pass my first test with Pete and didn't expect to this time. I had my 27 week doctors appointment this morning. It had been 5 weeks since my last appointment so I was excited to get back in there and see how our little girl was doing. I drank my orange sugary stuff and then saw the doctor while I waited the required hour. My weight was 168. I think I had gained 6 pounds in the last 5 weeks. But after 27 weeks now I have only gained 9 pounds. My doctor said about this time women have usually gained about 16. I told her, don't worry, I will make up for it in the next 13 weeks. She said she wasn't worried. :) My blood pressure was good and all my measurements were right on schedule. Our little girl's heartbeat was loud and clear. My doctor said she was right at the front of my belly. No wonder I can see and feel her move so much. She even said if P. puts his ear to my tummy he should be able to hear her heartbeat. Too bad P. has terrible hearing but maybe we will try. So everything is going well. Next appointment I will be 31 weeks along! In the 30's! Can you believe it? Time is going so fast and it is getting so exciting. I caught the end of a Baby Story today on TLC and got so excited to go into labor and meet our baby girl. OK, maybe not the labor part but the part where they hand you your baby part. Oh and I told my doctor about how much she moves. I explained how I can always feel her kicking, flipping or just tapping and she said that she has noticed that usually results in active children. Not always but from what she has seen babies that move a lot in the womb, move a lot outside of it too. Ha. P. and I joked about how she was going to be a handful but I didn't know there might actually be some truth to it. Anyway, so after I saw the doctor it had been an hour and they drew my blood for my glucose, anemia and thyroid test. I asked the technician when I would know the results and she said Tues probably, or I could call on Monday to see if they had my results. I was so anxious to hear so I called before they closed today and they had my results. I passed! OMG I passed! But they said my iron was low and should start taking a supplement. I can do that!

Here are some pictures of Pete from this week. He fully enjoys getting really dirty in the sandbox. The dogs are sunbathing in the background. I got the sand toys out of the garage and he has a ball using the shovels to cover his legs with sand (and his head).I thought Abby looked really pretty in this picture so I threw it on here. We got our annual pass to the Children's Museum yesterday. Here is one of Pete playing while we were there. We plan to go back again this weekend with dad. And here are a couple from our date night tonight. Our friend Kari babysat for us while we went to dinner and Lowe's. I had a giant burger with cheese, bacon and mushrooms on it, with waffle fries and a water. We shared "dessert sliders" for dessert which were 4 huge ice-cream cookie sandwiches with chocolate sauce on them. It's 10pm and I am still stuffed. We got some new clean sand for Pete's sandbox at Lowe's and came home to find a happy little boy. He was sweaty from playing so much, chasing the dogs with his walker and playing hide and seek with Kari. I guess he did perfectly well with only a short cry after Abby toppled him over while playing. It was so fun to come home and see our smiley boy. Next time we won't wait so long between dates.Pete had just woken up from a nap when we were leaving on our date so he is still trying to get his bearings in this picture. He wasn't so sure what was going on but he is still cute when he is sleepy. So, that is our week. Fun outside and fun at the museum and a fun night out for mom and dad. P. scheduled me my first ever pregnancy massage for tomorrow at 11am. I am really looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. AM

No comments: