For those of you who do not thrift store shop you should start. Especially if you have kids. And especially if you don't work and only have one income. And especially if you like to get a lot of stuff for not a lot of money. And if you like to make your kids really really happy but don't want to spend much.
This is what I got today for $20. Yes, all of this for $20.
And I didn't even try to look for bargains like I usually do. I usually only buy the stuff that is 50% off for that day. Today I had both kids with me, I had pants on that were too tight, I was hungry and I had to spend $20 because I had a credit I had to use up by this weekend. I wasn't going to let that go to waste.
This is what I got.
A Dora bike helmet $4. Brand new with the tags from the store still on. The tag didn't say the original price. Jamie loves it but will she wear it when she rides her bike? We will see.
Match-it ABC's Puzzle Pairs to teach Pete his letters $2. Like new, maybe never even used, with all the pieces.
Rain boots for both kids $3 each. New with tags. They wore them all over the mall after we bought them at Savers.
Box of 4 Elmo flip books $2. Jamie loves tab flip books and she loves Elmo. Win-win. Brand new, never read because all the tabs crisped open the first time we read them. No marks, tears, scratches, nothing.
Jumbo Noahs' Ark puzzle for Pete $2. He picked it out and is dying that I didn't let him do it before his nap today. Again, I can't tell if anyone ever even did this puzzle it is in perfect shape. I checked it while he napped. :)
Umbrella $2. We don't need umbrellas, or rain boots for that matter, here in AZ but the kids love them so who cares. This is a cute pink umbrella that the kids can push up and down themselves and is safe. They used it all over the store and we used it for the sun as we walked down to get the mail today.
Halloween witch plate $1. Pete wanted it because he said it is a cool pirate Halloween plate. He thinks it is a pirate. :) Had to get it.
And last but not least, a bag of greeting cards. I had seen these before and never got them because they weren't on sale. Today they were $2 and I love all the cards that are in it. I send lots of cards so I am always looking for cute ones!
Savers also has a rewards card. Yes, rewards for saving money. If you have a rewards card they send you coupons and you get an extra 50% off certain items for that day. And something for your birthday, can't wait to see what that is! Like I said, normally I wouldn't even buy these items for these prices but today I had to spend $20. Usually I get things cheaper if I really spend the time. We get "new" things, we don't spend a lot of money and with kids you know how quickly they go through things. We didn't really "need" any of it but we are sure glad to have it. Good job me.
No comments:
Post a Comment