Saturday, August 13, 2011

Jamie's Party

I never really planned on having a party for Jamie this year with our vacation to Sacramento right before it and because we don't really know that many people here very well yet. But right before we left for Sacramento I saw some really cute owl cakes and a friend of mine said she would help with some party decorations if I wanted to do one. And in my heart I really wanted to have a party for my sweet baby girl. You are only two once.

I didn't start working on the party until the Friday before. Her party was Sunday, August 7th at 4:30pm. I went shopping Friday night for some decorations, balloons, plates, napkins, food and presents. P. stayed home and watched the kids and I shopped all evening finding just the right stuff for a perfect party. And it was a perfect party.

Our guests included our friends Brad and Kendra (Erin's brother and sister-in-law). My friend Christie and her girls Bella and Tiffany. Her husband and son Thomas were not able to come because Thomas came down with a cold the day before. And my friend Michelle, her husband and two boys also came. It was a fun, loving group to have together to celebrate Jamie's special day.

Pictures always tell a story so here are a few of the hundred or so that I took.

Some of Jamie's decorations. We had 20 of these owls around the house and in the backyard. An owl sign with Jamie's name on it on the front door. A giant Minnie balloon. A giant owl balloon. And 6 other pink balloons. I put up streamers in the kitchen and in the backyard too.Owl cake I made Jamie.Kids coloring owls for Jamie that I printed out off the internet.
Jamie eating her birthday dinner. Mac n cheese and cantalope. Two of her favorites. Oh and a juice box that she had wanted since I brought it home Friday night.P. reading to Jamie from the bible and blessing her birthday and future.Opening presents. She got some great stuff such as an owl shirt, an owl purse, a Minnie doll that talks, books and play-doh, bubble machines, princess shoes and a book. After presents we went swimming. All the kids had a great time in the pool together.
We got out of the pool to sing to Jamie and have cake and ice cream. The cake was a big hit and Jamie blew out her candles, with the help of the wind. She even sang happy birthday to herself.
Jamie finishing her party with another juice box and some loving from mommy.Family pic. We are so blessed.My big two year old birthday girl. Doesn't get any better than this.I can't even tell you what a joy this little girl is. Where do I begin? Jamie is a joy from the minute she wakes up in the morning. I go in to get her and she starts telling me about her babies and her owls and we bring all of her favorites out of the crib with us into the family room. Jamie and I always have alone time together in the morning before Pete wakes up. We read, do a sticker book, eat fruit and cuddle. I love our mornings together, I just wish they were not so early! Jamie is my early riser, usually waking up between 6:15 and 6:30am most mornings.

Jamie is talking up a storm these days. She says 4-5 word sentences and is starting to say the cutest things like "Get older, get coffee." She asks me for coffee every morning and I say, not until you get older. :) When Abby does something bad she says, "Abby, get your bed. Bad girl!" She reads books to me now depending on what she sees on the page. She calls Pete three different names depending on the situation. She calls him Bubba when he is not around. She calls him Pete when she is trying to get his attention and she calls him Buddy when he is bugging her. "Buddy, no!" Having an older brother who is constantly talking to her helps. They are playing like best friends lately and I love listening to their conversations.

Jamie is beautiful. Just beautiful. I find myself staring at her thinking, "How did God make such a perfect little girl?" She has big, beautiful blue eyes and this darling curly hair that everyone she meets comments on. Wherever we go people tell me how cute she is. I agree. Jamie melts my heart whenever I look at her sweet face.

I have said the in past that Jamie is my challenging baby but in reality she is a really good girl. Jamie may be a little more daring and adventurous and not quite as good of a listener as her brother but overall we are blessed to have such a sweet child. I watch other kids at the mall or playground and think, I have two incredible kids and Jamie is no exception. She is good, she is a good listener most of the time, she is sweet to her brother and her friends, she is smart and kind. She may have a strong will but that just makes her Jamie and we love her for it.

Well, I need to get ready for church. I could go on all day about Jamie. When I say these past two years of our life have been the best, I am not exaggerating. Jamie has brought so much joy and happiness to our life and our family. She is perfectly made and we thank God for her everyday.

Love you Jamie Marie.

No comments: