Thursday, September 9, 2010

Visit

Two weekends ago my friend Andrea and her son Eric were in town and stopped by to have dinner with us. It was so nice to see a familiar face. Andrea and I have been friends for about 10 years now. Wow, has it been 10 years? I met her at church in Colorado Springs, then we worked together, then she moved to MI, then I moved to MI. Weird where life takes you. Eric had a soccer tournament near our house so Sunday we caught the second half of his last game. I have known Eric since he was a little baby and now he is a stud on a traveling soccer team and really sweet and grown up. He was so good with the kids, playing with them, holding them and watching Thomas the Train after dinner with them. As always it was fun catching up with Andrea. Here are some pictures of our time together. Andrea and Eric brought some birthday gifts for Jamie. And I have to say, Andrea is an incredibly generous and amazing gift giver. Holy cow. Jamie got the cutest jeans and sweater outfit. You will see it this fall/winter. So darling. The coolest jeans I think she will ever have and this sweater is something I wish I could wear. She also brought her this cupcake toy where you match the top shape to the bottom shape and put them in this tray. It's a big hit and it drives Pete crazy when Jamie gets the cupcakes out of sorts. She brought two books also! One 'Can you See What I See' pirate book for Pete and 'Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus' for Jamie. Both are so cute and we will remember our fun time with Andrea and Eric whenever we read them. Thanks to both of you for taking time out of your busy weekend to hang out with us and thanks for the wonderful gifts.

Pete and Eric looking through his new book.
Playing with the cupcakes.
It was such a hot and humid day to play soccer. Pete helped cool Eric down with a little ice water shower.

No comments: