Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Need More Time.....

I need more time! It's been over a week since my last blog and I have missed it. Especially since something new happens around here every day. All I can say is that my babies are growing up too fast.

Jamie is almost 16 weeks old. It feels like yesterday that we brought her home. She is a beautiful baby girl. Jamie warms your heart with her smiles and laughs. She is sweet and bubbly. She eats well and sleeps great. I wish I had more time during the day to just spend with her but her brother makes that a little difficult. Good thing she is patient and I treasure the times that we do have just her and I. She is already trying to roll over and as soon as she figures out how to tuck that other arm under she will do it. I sit with my camera waiting for it to happen. Gosh I hope I don't miss it. Jamie is the light of my life.

Pete is almost 20 months old. Holy cow. He is a little man now. He helps me do laundry, sweeps the floors, can get his sister's diaper and wipes for me, he is learning new words every day, he is silly, sweet and active. There are days when I think this is my favorite age. There are other days when this is my least favorite age. But we won't go into that, there are a million more great times to talk about. And here are some of them.....

Pete and mommy at an evening event at his school. Pete goes to class one morning a week and someone comes into our home one morning a week. We are thankful for the opportunity for him to learn at home and with other kids. Jamie and dad lounging on the couch. She has the most beautiful face. He is pretty cute too. :)
My kiddos at the breakfast table.Pete sitting in the baby bouncer.Pete wearing one of his many hats around the house. He wanted the dog to wear one too. Getting used to the big boy potty. Looking forward to the day he actually uses it.Pete got into the Post-it notes in the desk drawer. I caught him a couple into it but let him finish. We don't use them anyway.Jamie girl trying to roll over. Hanging out on dad again. I love that little face. Our baby girl in the soft light of our living room one night.
Me and my girl outside on a beautiful fall day.
Tried to take a good Christmas picture. Didn't work. Jamie never looked at the camera. Pete usually had his eyes closed, was picking his nose or bugging his sister. In this one I am wiping my eyes from laughing, PJ is talking, Jamie has her eyes closed and Pete is not looking at the camera. Thought it was a classic.
Our first Selinski turkey shared with our friends. We won't be home for Thanksgiving so we celebrated early and have had wonderful leftovers all week.
Visiting Santa at the mall. Pete kept staring at him like "Who in the world is this strange looking man?" We got a good picture but I am not going to post it in case I use it as our Christmas card picture this year. Pete's first candy cane.And today is our 4 year anniversary. We are taking the kids out to dinner then attending the Thanksgiving Eve service at church. We got married four years ago, the day after Thanksgiving then, barefoot on the sand. We joke, feels more like 14. But in a good way. We have a beautiful marriage. The other night we were watching all of these unhappy marriages on TV (ie. Jon and Kate) and talked about how lucky we were to have a healthy, happy marriage. We both were given second chances and it couldn't have worked out any better. We are the best of friends and the best of teammates. We created two precious children and they make our lives complete. P. and I will be together forever and I look forward to every year I get to share with him in life and in heaven. I am making myself cry so I better go. Thank you P. for giving me this incredible life. I love you.

No comments: