Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Camping

You could say I was a little nervous to go camping this past weekend with my in-laws, 12 year old step daughter, 14 month old toddler and 8 months pregnant but it actually went pretty well. The first night was rough. We had a huge storm that kept me up all night and I hadn't slept well the night before either. I had spent a few days packing and getting everything ready in the house for showings and camper for our trip so I was already exhausted. We had a lot of showings last week and had to keep the house clean and picked up and it was hard on me and my body. But we went camping and had a great time with family and enjoying the outdoors. Here are some pictures.

Us with Uncle Bob and Aunt Edna.P. and my kids. The fishing was great! 15 Walleye that day.Father's Day 2009. Going on a walk down to Lake Huron.Boat ride with the boy.Last family picture with our camper before we handed it down to the next family (sold it).We don't plan on camping again for a couple years. If we do we will rent a camper and go once next year maybe. Someday we plan on upgrading to a motor home and look forward to camping with our older children. It was a fun weekend though. It was great to see family, great to see Pete and Katie having a good time and I am glad P. got to fish a lot. It was a perfect way to spend Father's Day and as tiring as it was I think I did pretty well. I could have been more comfortable but overall the belly and I made it and have some great memories to show for it.

We sold our house last Friday. Next step, find a house to rent by mid July. I look forward to moving into a house that fits our growing family and our needs for this next stage in our life. I don't look forward to packing. Energy is at an all time low these days. Looking forward to seeing what God has in store for our future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Selling your house? Did I miss this somewhere? Where are you guys moving to?