All in all it was a great day. I feel very blessed to have such a sweet boy and great husband. I still can't believe he is really here and I am really a mom. It's a crazy thing. It's a great thing. It's a huge responsibility and sometimes I feel the pressure. It's tiring but somehow your mom super powers kick in and you make it another day. Here are a couple pictures. One is of Pete and I at Panera for breakfast yesterday. The other is of him and I hanging out on the couch after a nap. Have a great week!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Mother's Day
Yesterday we celebrated my first Mother's Day. It was a very special day with my husband and son just spending time together relaxing. In the morning we got up and tried to have breakfast at a little cafe near our house. They serve an amazing Bananas Foster French Toast but were so busy the line was out the door. We decided against waiting since Pete is not very good at it. Instead we went to Panera and ate then went on a drive in the country looking at big houses and the pretty greenery Michigan has to offer at this time of year. The rest of the day we napped, worked on things around the house and did all the normal things we do every day like feed, burp, change diapers, and hang out and walk around until he gets tired again. It's a constant cycle. Pete gave me a beautiful card telling me I am doing a great job and that he loves me very much. I got a 12 pack of Dr Pepper and chocolate. Boy does he know me well already. :) Oh, and they planted a Gerber Daisy plant in a pot in our front yard for me. It is beautiful, one of my favorite flowers.
All in all it was a great day. I feel very blessed to have such a sweet boy and great husband. I still can't believe he is really here and I am really a mom. It's a crazy thing. It's a great thing. It's a huge responsibility and sometimes I feel the pressure. It's tiring but somehow your mom super powers kick in and you make it another day. Here are a couple pictures. One is of Pete and I at Panera for breakfast yesterday. The other is of him and I hanging out on the couch after a nap. Have a great week!
All in all it was a great day. I feel very blessed to have such a sweet boy and great husband. I still can't believe he is really here and I am really a mom. It's a crazy thing. It's a great thing. It's a huge responsibility and sometimes I feel the pressure. It's tiring but somehow your mom super powers kick in and you make it another day. Here are a couple pictures. One is of Pete and I at Panera for breakfast yesterday. The other is of him and I hanging out on the couch after a nap. Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment